TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

MrHubertLouis

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 5, 2021
I just did Pinsent Mason's Blended Test. Towards the end, my computer crashed a few times and so I had to close the browser. It didn't affect the VI portion. However, since they said at the beginning of the test that they record the entire process, is it worth contacting grad rec and letting them know about it?

Reactions: axelbeugre

FutureTS13

Star Member
  • Dec 5, 2023
    I just did Pinsent Mason's Blended Test. Towards the end, my computer crashed a few times and so I had to close the browser. It didn't affect the VI portion. However, since they said at the beginning of the test that they record the entire process, is it worth contacting grad rec and letting them know about it?

I just finished it too now and Idk if I am over the deadline? Honestly didn't expect it to be this long, this was such an intense assessment. This assessment should have been split in multiple parts honestly. They definitely shouldn't be telling us to only expect to spend an hour on this!!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If you have a VI that you need to submit, do you have to dress formally or are normal regular clothing fine? Obviously I suppose a pyjama would not be appropriate.
    It doesn’t have to be formal, but I would go smart. For instance a shirt with a collar (eg polo or golf shirt) or a blouse, rather than a hoodie or T-shirt.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    I personally would email them just to confirm that everything works on their end and to explain the situation to them. However, I personally would not worry too much because you have done the most important part of the test which was answering the question.

Good luck with the application!

Reactions: MrHubertLouis

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.