Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Can someone give me insights into what kind of questions are asked in a CV-based interview and how to prepare for it? Thank you!
The questions will be very much based on your experiences you have described in your CV.

My advice would be to know your CV inside out, think about what is interesting about your experiences, what maybe is missing from your CV or could be stronger, how your experiences have pushed you towards commercial law and the firm you have applied to.

I suspect the question will be much more targeted rather than open questions - “what did you like working in your team at X employer? rather than “tell me about a time you have worked in a team”.

Reactions: amrita6399

amrita6399

Valued Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 13, 2023
    The questions will be very much based on your experiences you have described in your CV.

My advice would be to know your CV inside out, think about what is interesting about your experiences, what maybe is missing from your CV or could be stronger, how your experiences have pushed you towards commercial law and the firm you have applied to.

I suspect the question will be much more targeted rather than open questions - “what did you like working in your team at X employer? rather than “tell me about a time you have worked in a team”.
    Thanks for the advice! Ill work on it

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.