TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

SS21

Distinguished Member
Oct 17, 2022
For Clyde & Co Middle East TC, there doesn't seem to be any space to input A level and University grades.

The form only has 2 text boxes asking about PGDL and SQE grades (which I haven't completed), with no option to add any more text boxes. Should I just write my A level and University grades there?

@Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For Clyde & Co Middle East TC, there doesn't seem to be any space to input A level and University grades.

The form only has 2 text boxes asking about PGDL and SQE grades (which I haven't completed), with no option to add any more text boxes. Should I just write my A level and University grades there?

@Jessica Booker
I wouldn’t put your A-level or university grades there unfortunately. I would contact the firm and see what they advise, as it maybe that if you haven’t done the PGDL or SQE they can’t consider you.

SS21

Distinguished Member
Oct 17, 2022
I wouldn’t put your A-level or university grades there unfortunately. I would contact the firm and see what they advise, as it maybe that if you haven’t done the PGDL or SQE they can’t consider you.
Their website states: “our programme is open to both law and non-law students and graduates” so I’m a little confused but thank you, I will email the firm

O

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 27, 2019
Hi all, sorry for asking again but are we suppose to use a template for the personal statement portion of Freshfields' TC application, or is a simple word document with the question, applicant name and answer sufficient?

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Hi all, sorry for asking again but are we suppose to use a template for the personal statement portion of Freshfields' TC application, or is a simple word document with the question, applicant name and answer sufficient?
You can just use a word document, don’t think you need for put your name as it gets uploaded with the rest of your app

I didn’t put the question, just went straight into the answer

Reactions: O

LillyandSilver

Distinguished Member
Oct 18, 2023
Can we put down mitigating circumstances even if we haven't reported them officially to the university? I have never mentioned this on my applications because I didn't have it on my academic record, but I gave myself a second-degree burn before my final exam for a module and was sent by 111 to urgent care immediately after. I couldn't get a doctor's statement to make a claim in time, but I think it affected at least one of my exams.

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Can we put down mitigating circumstances even if we haven't reported them officially to the university? I have never mentioned this on my applications because I didn't have it on my academic record, but I gave myself a second-degree burn before my final exam for a module and was sent by 111 to urgent care immediately after. I couldn't get a doctor's statement to make a claim in time, but I think it affected at least one of my exams.
I think you can but they might ask for proof so bear this in mind. If it only affected one exam, then I would not mention it if you do not have proof.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.