TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    For Greenberg Traurig, there is the following on lawcareers.net: Please ensure applications provide full details of your educational qualifications from A levels (or their equivalent) onwards, including the results obtained. Please provide details of the modules studied on the LPC or SQE and details of all results per module achieved to date.

Does this mean a breakdown of the modules for an undergraduate non-law subject as well. As the wording of the above, to me, makes it sound as though you only need to provide a module breakdown for the LPC and SQE modules studied...

amrita6399

Valued Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 13, 2023
    I have a quick question. What is the differentiation between the interview question: Why firm? and why you want to become a commercial lawyer at the firm.

Does the second question essentially focus on my interest in commercial law, and can I link my internship experience at various law firms to the question? However, I need some guidance on how to link it back to the firm I am interviewing with.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    For Greenberg Traurig, there is the following on lawcareers.net: Please ensure applications provide full details of your educational qualifications from A levels (or their equivalent) onwards, including the results obtained. Please provide details of the modules studied on the LPC or SQE and details of all results per module achieved to date.

Does this mean a breakdown of the modules for an undergraduate non-law subject as well. As the wording of the above, to me, makes it sound as though you only need to provide a module breakdown for the LPC and SQE modules studied...
    Yes - you will need to provide your undergraduate degree modules even if it is a non-law subject.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi, just to clarify- do they require the undergraduate and GCSE results to be attached with the CV and Cover Letter?
    If they don’t require GCSEs (the earlier post says they they only want A-level onwards.), then you wouldn’t need to provide these.

If you are not completing your academics in an online form, then make sure they are on the CV. However, if you are being asked to compete your module results elsewhere you won’t need to duplicate this information.

Law_Between_Life

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 14, 2023

Just to clarify their website specifies that they want GCSEs onwards. Seemingly this contradicts the Lawcareers page then.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Just to clarify their website specifies that they want GCSEs onwards. Seemingly this contradicts the Lawcareers page then.
    I believe the lawcareers.net page is more current since it instructs to address the cover letter to a graduate recruitment representative (who, upon checking LinkedIn, has been in the position for 4 months), a detail not mentioned on the website.

RK444

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 4, 2021

Hi,

I took this to mean you only needed module results for SQE/LPC. For my undergraduate I just put my average % for Year 1 & 2. Currently in my final year.
    Should I email graduate recruitment with a breakdown today - add it to my CV or a separate sheet. I submitted my application over Christmas.

missingh

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 14, 2022
    Hi,

I took this to mean you only needed module results for SQE/LPC. For my undergraduate I just put my average % for Year 1 & 2. Currently in my final year.
    Should I email graduate recruitment with a breakdown today - add it to my CV or a separate sheet. I submitted my application over Christmas.
    hey i added my module breakdown to my CV :)

Reactions: RK444

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Hi,

Hey, I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I'm not entirely sure what they want myself.

I think that I'm going to send my CV with my A Levels, degree percentage and PgDL and SQE breakdown, I will then ask in the email whether they would like my GCSEs and a module breakdown for my UG degree.

I would email them and ask, they will tell you exactly what they want that way :)

Reactions: RK444

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.