TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Livvia

Premium Member
Apr 12, 2023
Did anyone else receive a new wgt invitation (due on Sunday) from Freshfields after having completed it today?
I know someone that completed hers yesterday . Didn’t receive the WGT test re-invitation though.

However, did you get the “Assessment Confirmation” email after you took the test. I’m guessing your results didn’t come in.

Rolyp

Jan 6, 2023
I received a tc offer a few days ago verbally over the phone from CMS but haven’t received any follow up email with a contract/offer? Should I be worried/is this normal guys? Also interested to know what occurs during the process of the verbal offer and receiving the formal documents. Not sure what to do!

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I received a tc offer a few days ago verbally over the phone from CMS but haven’t received any follow up email with a contract/offer? Should I be worried/is this normal guys? Also interested to know what occurs during the process of the verbal offer and receiving the formal documents. Not sure what to do!
This is very normal. If you haven’t heard anything by the end of next week, I would drop them an email or give them a call and ask the approximate timeframes as to when you may receive the offer letter.

Reactions: axelbeugre

Shreya Verma

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2023
Why have you decided to pursue a career as a commercial lawyer working in an international law firm? What factors and influences have affected your decision?

Why specifically are you interested in training at Orrick? What makes us different to the other firms you have applied for?

Apart from these questions, there's a separate section for writing a cover letter. What's the difference between the above-mentioned questions and a cover letter? Ain't the answers to these questions form a part of cover letter?🤔 Then why a separate question?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Why have you decided to pursue a career as a commercial lawyer working in an international law firm? What factors and influences have affected your decision?

Why specifically are you interested in training at Orrick? What makes us different to the other firms you have applied for?

Apart from these questions, there's a separate section for writing a cover letter. What's the difference between the above-mentioned questions and a cover letter? Ain't the answers to these questions form a part of cover letter?🤔 Then why a separate question?
A cover letter doesn’t have to cover why law/why the firm in these instances.

You can just focus your cover letter on why you.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.