TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Zaidoz10

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2022
@Jessica Booker the Stephenson Harwood app asked to summarise an article for a client who wanted an overview and the key points. The word limit is 600 words. I wrote the summary in regular paragraph form without bullet points or anything. Would this be fine as long as I’ve done a good summary? Or is there a certain format firms usually look for?

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
@Jessica Booker the Stephenson Harwood app asked to summarise an article for a client who wanted an overview and the key points. The word limit is 600 words. I wrote the summary in regular paragraph form without bullet points or anything. Would this be fine as long as I’ve done a good summary? Or is there a certain format firms usually look for?
Hey,

I shared some tips on previous posts that you might find useful about this: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-151489

Jaysen also has provided relevant information on this app: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....phenson-harwood-vs-2023-2024.8264/post-151461

Good luck with the application!

Niall

Jan 30, 2024
Hi, did anyone hear something from Fieldfisher for direct training contract post online test? I just got an email from them around 2 weeks ago saying that they apologise for the delay in reviewing everything, but maybe they already invited someone for AC?
I got that email and then refreshed the portal weeks later to my app being declined/withdrawn so PFO - saw they offered a lot of places to VS early on so unsure if this may impact direct TC apps

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I don't think there will be a specific format they are looking for. They will just want it to be in a clear, succinct and in your own voice and with your own analysis.

Julia Wyporkiewicz

Premium Member
Sep 5, 2022
I hope this isn't a silly question, but which portal do you mean? Is this on vantage/candid?
I just followed the link from one of the old emails confirming starting the application. I think Fieldfisher is using its own website directly for applications, rather than the other providers, so I would just take a look at emails and log in on their website directly xx

• 🤝
Reactions: AS89

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.