Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I received a tc offer from a firm a couple of weeks ago and I sent the necessary docs, I followed up about the contract and offer documentation on Monday this week and they said they would send it later on in the day or the following day (so Monday or Tuesday) but I haven't received anything yet. Should I chase them up again or just wait?
Wait until maybe Tuesday or Wednesday next week and follow up again.

Also check you SPAM folders as it could easily have gone through to them.

Reactions: aloluk83

trainee2025

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
From PMC: "What improvements would you make to Penningtons Manches Cooper as a Trainee and why?"

Does anyone else not fully understand this question? Does it mean what would you do whilst working as a trainee to make PMC better? or does it mean what would you do to make life as a PMC Trainee better?

Am rather perplexed.
I’d email grad rec
I’d try as much as you can to work through this on your own before emailing grad rec. I assume part of the purpose of the question is that you figure this out on your own.
Regarding the interpretation of the question, I would think that your first suggestion is likely to be the right approach.

Reactions: Mxxb

BonanzaBih_

Esteemed Member
Jan 17, 2023
Hi, an application question asks:
What do you think are the greatest challenges facing law firms over the next 3 years? (250 words)

I have decided on the challenge I want to discuss but I was thinking about doing a section which would talk about how the firm in question is well-equipped to handle it. however, the question doesn't explicitly ask for such, is it worth including? I'm afraid I might waste words answering a question not asked. Any advice? @Jessica Booker

BonanzaBih_

Esteemed Member
Jan 17, 2023
What do you think are the greatest challenges facing law firms over the next 3 years? (250 words)

I have decided on the challenge I want to discuss but I was thinking about doing a section which would talk about how the firm in question is well-equipped to handle it. however, the question doesn't explicitly ask for such, is it worth including? I'm afraid I might waste words answering a question not asked. Any advice? @Jessica Booker
follow up on the same application, i am asked to discuss a recent 'legal decision', not a news story. does that imply I should only focus on bills/laws and recent government announcements as opposed to any relevant news story? @Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
follow up on the same application, i am asked to discuss a recent 'legal decision', not a news story. does that imply I should only focus on bills/laws and recent government announcements as opposed to any relevant news story? @Jessica Booker
It might not be a bill or law, it could be precedents set by cases/regulatory decisions etc.

But whatever it is, I would make sure the story focuses on the legal outcomes rather than a news story more broadly.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

I think it is fine if it is a brief reference, but I would ensure the answer covers what the question is asking well first and only take this approach if it is a brief reference that supplements your answer rather than being a focus of it.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.