TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Izzy1026

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 23, 2023
    Does anyone know if Latham still does direct TC this year and whether the deadline has passed already? Cannot seem to find the option in their application portal for direct TC but there website says there is one

Reactions: AB141

hkulsk2021

Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 11, 2022
    I just got an AC invite for Accutrainee, would appreciate any insight into potential questions they may have!

I am not sure what to expect for the commercial awareness exercise and the presentation. Please message me through DM if you can help :)

I had interviews/ AC/ VS with some law firms before, happy to share my experiences too!

• 🏆
    Reactions: AB141 and LegalLordLox

aloluk83

Apr 8, 2024
    I've received a TC offer, starting March 2025, and one of the conditions in the contract is 'You must provide evidence that you have passed your LPC Examination by the end of August 2024.' however, I'm worried that I may need to resit a module and therefore won't have passed everything until the resit dates, after August. Does anyone know how I can go about discussing this with the firm? Or if i should just sign the contract anyway and if it comes to that, discuss it with them at the time. They don't have a strict first-time pass policy, although they mentioned in the application that the LPC/SQE1 should be passed 6 months in advance. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Any advice would be appreciated

Talia43

Apr 15, 2024
    I received my Mayer Brown assessment report and surprised I did quite bad (below average). I am really surprised because I almost always do well in these. Not to seem arrogant but I would expect average at a minimum based on my history of taking similar assessments. Mostly just disappointed now but on to the next one I guess.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I've received a TC offer, starting March 2025, and one of the conditions in the contract is 'You must provide evidence that you have passed your LPC Examination by the end of August 2024.' however, I'm worried that I may need to resit a module and therefore won't have passed everything until the resit dates, after August. Does anyone know how I can go about discussing this with the firm? Or if i should just sign the contract anyway and if it comes to that, discuss it with them at the time. They don't have a strict first-time pass policy, although they mentioned in the application that the LPC/SQE1 should be passed 6 months in advance. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Any advice would be appreciated
    I would wait until you know you will have to resit the module, and then at that point speak to the firm to see if there is any flexibility with the policy.

There would be little point telling them before you know whether you have to resit because they aren’t going to consider theoretical situations that may not happen.

Reactions: aloluk83

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.