TCLA Premium - Version 2.0 - now released!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi All,

As some of you will have seen, we have now released TCLA Premium Version 2.0.

TCLA Premium V2 provides high-level training and resources to help aspiring lawyers secure training contracts at elite commercial law firms. It specifically targets commercial awareness and interview preparation, the areas that we see most candidates struggle with the most.

Within TCLA Premium V2, you will find:
    • TCLA's Commercial Awareness Course
    • Monthly commercial courses (starting with private equity)
    • Law firm insights
    • 45+ threads in our private forum (which includes access to past applications and cover letters)
    You can read more here: https://classes.thecorporatelawacademy.com/

Reactions: v123

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Already had a look at the private equity course and it is extremely useful!
    Glad to hear it!

How do you cancel the renewal of your subscription via the forums, so I manage my subcription (for everything) via the classes page.

You should be able to under the membership tab:

upload_2019-3-5_23-27-34.png

Let me know if there are any issues.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi all,

I've received a few messages about this, so just to clarify a few things:
    • We're looking to move existing members over to the classes page (it's easier to manage memberships over there). New subscriptions can now be bought at https://classes.thecorporatelawacademy.com/ rather than via the membership page on the forum.
    • Existing members: aside from a couple of people I still need to get to, you should all have received your coupons. Note: you only need one membership to TCLA Premium. Once you sign up to TCLA Premium Version 2.0 (via the classes page), you can cancel your forum subscription. (Be sure to cancel your forum subscription as in the screenshot above and not your subscription via the classes page).
    • If you do want to cancel your subscription to TCLA Premium Version 2.0, you can do so at any time by clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner. Then choose 'manage my subscription.' You'll be able to still use the platform until your end date.
    • Important: you should not be billed again for your membership, but if you are, please send an email to [email protected] and we'll issue a refund and make sure your account is cancelled properly.
    • We're taking application reviews out of TCLA Premium. Instead, you will be able to purchase individual application reviews without needing a subscription. This will take effect on 1 April for all new subscriptions, existing subscriptions will still be valid.
    • You can still secure application reviews via the other methods on our forum, e.g., the trophy points system as explained by @Salma. We may change the point allocations as time goes by, but that'll only affect new members and not existing members.
    Any further questions, let me know. It's a bit bumpy as we move existing members over to the classes page, but once we've transitioned everyone over, the subscriptions should be much easier to manage!

Finally, if you have any feedback on the platform, I'd love to hear it! It's something I've been working on behind the scenes for many many hours and I'm always looking to improve it. Over the next few months, we'll be adding a load of content to it to help you guys in your training contract journey!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.