TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
“Provide details of any career events you have attended e.g. insight days, workshops, presentations etc.” (250 words)

I am not quite sure how to approach this for a W&C open day app? My initial thinking is to use OWL for two or three examples.
I think this question is primarily about assessing your commitment to a career in commercial law, so I think it is good to mention all the relevant examples of career events you have attended, followed by a brief explanation of what you learnt from them and how they confirmed your interest in commercial law.

Reactions: Ooshmate and Jaysen

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
VI for Willkie - I would be grateful for any tips
Congratulations! 🥳

My top 3 tips-
  1. Practice your delivery and maintain an even tone- you don't want to seem nervous or rushed!
  2. Practice answering motivation/competency/commercial awareness questions within the fixed time frame given by the firm. Remember to look into the camera while answering!
  3. Try to enjoy the process! I know it can be stressful and a lot of pressure can be riding on your performance. But the more you try to shake the pressure off, the more relaxed you will be and the better chance you will have at acing your VI.
You've got this!

Best,

Avni

Reactions: Jaysen and OB
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.