TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole15

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Aug 22, 2018
    Grad rec for Reed Smith sent me two SST tests by mistake. I completed one but the system says I have another outstanding... I've emailed grad rec. Will this be an issue?

• Wow
    Reactions: GXA123

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi guys.

After a tremendously long journey, I finally secured a vac scheme at a top American law firm!

My question is, since many schemes overlap, how normal is it to ask for deferring a winter vac scheme offer to the spring?

Most winter schemes overlap, so that is why I am wondering. I also don't wanna ask this question unnecessarily to risk being 'disinterested'.

Any tips are warmly welcomed
    From a recruitment perspective it is quite normal/regular for people to either ask for a deferral or move across to a TC recruitment process instead.

However, be mindful that firms will know that this is on the basis that you are doing another VS with another firm, and that other firm is likely to make you an offer before you do the VS with the firm you are asking for a deferral. They therefore see it as risky that you may not join the later scheme. Given that they may say no to any requests you have - so you should be ready for that situation.

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Has anyone previously completed the first-round video interview with the GR at BCLP? If you have, could you pls dm? I could really do with some advice and help please.
    Have you been invited recently? Either way, congrats!

I received my feedback report from the tests a few days ago and been waiting to hear back since!

Reactions: ellwilsen

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    I’m pretty sure I completed the test like 3 weeks ago.
    And quick tip, after speaking to a bunch of GR, they stated that if you ever come across an SJT that has a critical thinking or reasoning section in it at the end, if you ever get critical reasoning/thinking as one of your strengths, you’re almost guaranteed to get through to the next stage.

good luck btw x
    Lol I got critical reasoning as one so I hope you’re right!

• Love
    Reactions: John Travoni and OB

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Hiya I did Hogan AC on Tuesday and was offered the winter VS the next day!

On a side note - just want to say thanks to everyone on here and all the valuable content. This is my first ever cycle and I had no idea what a vac scheme was or how to approach any of this stuff even 3 months ago. I've literally looked at every single thread over the past 3 months and every resource on here and been to every virtual event I can and been meticulous with my approach (i've had a diary with what I'm doing each day dependent on deadlines etc. from August 25th that continues through to December).

If anyone has any questions defo message me as I'm keen to give back. I know how alien the process looks, particularly if you're a non-law student (or non-law grad like me!). However, it makes a lot more sense once you drill down to what law firms are actually looking for and what exactly you are looking for.
    Congrats, how many firms did you apply to?

gg332dd

Valued Member
    Apr 2, 2020
    Anyone know which firms have relatively 'generic/easy' applications? I am currently working full time and unfortunately barely have any time to write applications, let alone do research into v niche questions on some apps.

Reactions: Rob93

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    This happened to me, just shoot them an email with the screenshot. They should have your results.
    Thank you! How long did it take them to respond? I’m so nervous!
    Grad rec for Reed Smith sent me two SST tests by mistake. I completed one but the system says I have another outstanding... I've emailed grad rec. Will this be an issue?
    I have two too. Are we sure they’re not different tests?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.