TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Guys for CC application the personal details section can we leave term address blank if we did not live out for university. I know this may sound like a stupid question.

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    In the education section of the DLA Piper application, they say to include your education history in a reverse chronological order up to A(-s) level. Does that mean I shouldn't include my GCSE grades in my CV. So just uni and A-level?

Also, can anyone shed some light on what they look for in the CV. Pretty weird as most firms don't really ask for it in a traditional format and rather your CV is spread across the whole application.

vacschemeapss

Valued Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Hi, is it too late to apply for Baker's Spring scheme? Deadline is 1st December. In events they said that they review on semi rolling basis (whatever that means). Does semi rolling mean they would start filling up spots?

Their app page says this:

"October 1st 2021 - Applications open.
    October 1st - December 30th 2021 - Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
    December 1st 2021 - Application deadline.
    November - December 2021 - Successful candidates will be sent an invite to undertake an online test."

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi, is it too late to apply for Baker's Spring scheme? Deadline is 1st December. In events they said that they review on semi rolling basis (whatever that means). Does semi rolling mean they would start filling up spots?

Their app page says this:

"October 1st 2021 - Applications open.
    October 1st - December 30th 2021 - Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
    December 1st 2021 - Application deadline.
    November - December 2021 - Successful candidates will be sent an invite to undertake an online test."
    Sounds like they review applications as they go but they don’t shortlist candidates for interview until after the final candidate’s test is completed.

If you want to apply to the firm and the opportunity, I would apply. I think too many people get caught up in the mechanisms of rolling recruitment. You can only put yourself in the running if you apply. Ideally you would apply earlier but that won’t always be the case, and that shouldn’t put you off.

The vast majority of applicants will apply within 72 hours of a vacancy closing.

Reactions: vacschemeapss

vacschemeapss

Valued Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Sounds like they review applications as they go but they don’t shortlist candidates for interview until after the final candidate’s test is completed.

If you want to apply to the firm and the opportunity, I would apply. I think too many people get caught up in the mechanisms of rolling recruitment. You can only put yourself in the running if you apply. Ideally you would apply earlier but that won’t always be the case, and that shouldn’t put you off.

The vast majority of applicants will apply within 72 hours of a vacancy closing.
    Thanks Jessica! I was only reconsidering because I could always make a summer VS app (and I'll be rather early in applying that opening!)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thanks Jessica! I was only reconsidering because I could always make a summer VS app (and I'll be rather early in applying that opening!)
    If you are happy to wait until the summer to secure a VS, then you could apply for that. But if you are looking for a spring scheme and want to look to convert to a TC sooner, then it might be worthwhile applying for the Spring. It really depends what else you are applying to and the other potential offers you could get.

Reactions: vacschemeapss

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    L&W PFO just came in! That was the last of my WVS apps - hoping that Spring/Summer will be more successful!!
    Hi @AW_08,

I am really sorry to hear this. If it helps, I never applied to a WVS (only Spring and Summer!). You really do have plenty of time left this cycle. You are arguably in an even better position than I was too because you have applications written which you can iterate and improve upon.

Do you know the firms that you are going to apply to for Spring and Summer schemes?

Always here if you need any further help or guidance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.