TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesfp

Nov 7, 2021
You are absolutely welcome @jamesfp I am glad that you found it helpful. 🥳

I would definitely advise going into the office as much as you can.

Unfortunately I cannot give too many specifics purely because I do not want to damage the integrity of their recruitment process. However, in my experience the interview was two Partners wanting to understand my motivations for W&C and a career in law. This may well have changed though, so I would wait to hear what GR tell you about it (as well as your buddy and supervisor).

On your second point, yes this is absolutely true. There is enough space for everyone and the vast majority of my scheme got offers. Our cohort were very friendly and were not competitive at all for the most part. Be kind and open with the others you meet as not only is it fun meeting likeminded people on these schemes, but you can also chat about the scheme itself which is helpful.

As always, do reach out again if anything is unclear!

Thank you very much for George! Your support has been fundamental to my journey :)

Reactions: George Maxwell

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
So I’ve done 8 applications so far and had 5 rejections. I feel a bit demoralised/dejected and lacking motivation. Does anyone have any good advice to get past these feelings and keep going? I want to take a small break but December is approaching and I want to get more apps in but don’t want to burn out 😢
Stop putting so much pressure on it. Your life is worth more than these applications believe it or not. My advice is to just make applications, don’t kill yourself over them trying to make them perfect. And remind yourself with every rejection it’s really nothing to do with you & a lot is down to pure luck and right place right time

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi, how long does it take for CMS to get back to you after WG?
    They seem to send VI invites in batches. I got my WG invite on 21st Oct and did it that day, then got my VI invite on 17th Nov. However I haven't seen anyone get an invite other than the batch on 17th Nov so your wait time could vary, but probably a month would be the average wait time!

Last edited:

CC03

Valued Member
    Nov 24, 2021
    A&O Direct TC offer!🤩 SO thankful to everyone on here for your consistent support over the past year. Literally couldn’t be more grateful, what an amazing forum ❤️
    Great way to start off the weekend. Big congratulations !!!

Well Done Reaction GIF

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.