TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    I think we’ll likely hear by the end of next week depending on how many people pass the WG test :/

I understand why people would say that getting the ‘profile of interest’ email this morning was somehow positive, but it was quite disappointing for me. It’s so disheartening being the second choice. Well, all of this is assuming we are actually on a reserve/maybe list. Sorry everyone for my little rant 😅🤣
    I wouldn't make too many assumptions when it comes to the movements of grad recruitment! It could be that you're on a wait or hold list, but it could also simply be that they haven't had the capacity to review all applications yet (unless they've explicitly told you otherwise). I remember being in your shoes last year and over-analysing everything - it wasn't positive for my mental health. But then I told myself that once the application was sent, it was totally out of my hands and this made things better. Keep positive and keep going, you've got this! 🚀

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    I wouldn't make too many assumptions when it comes to the movements of grad recruitment! It could be that you're on a wait or hold list, but it could also simply be that they haven't had the capacity to review all applications yet (unless they've explicitly told you otherwise). I remember being in your shoes last year and over-analysing everything - it wasn't positive for my mental health. But then I told myself that once the application was sent, it was totally out of my hands and this made things better. Keep positive and keep going, you've got this! 🚀
    Yes, you are so right… it’s so difficult stopping yourself from speculating what x and y may mean. I’ll try to chill more 😊😊 Thanks for your message 😊

• 🤝
    Reactions: Kubed

CC03

Valued Member
    Nov 24, 2021
    This is incorrect. On the email, it clearly says 7 days from receiving the email. There’s no way they’d expect candidates to complete the test before the deadline, esp if some candidates apply by tonight and get the test tmoro.
    I asked GR regarding completing the test before the deadline, and they said “yes we recommend completing the test before the 3rd December, as they will review after this date”. But obviously people who submit today will not get their link until like 3 days after, so in that case of course you will complete the test after the deadline.

I emailed them as I already submitted the application last week and received the test link!

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hi guys,
    I need to complete the Linklaters Capp assessment but the only thing I am understanding is that I need to do it before the deadline. But the email I received also states that I have 5 days to complete the Watson glaser. Any help?

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Hi guys,
    I need to complete the Linklaters Capp assessment but the only thing I am understanding is that I need to do it before the deadline. But the email I received also states that I have 5 days to complete the Watson glaser. Any help?
    Hey! it is 5 days of you were submitting earlier than the deadline since the email is automatic. But you have to complete it before the deadline.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Thank you very much!

can I ask you if I have to do the WG immediately after the other test?
    this is what I received by email "Please note, you must complete the Linklaters online assessment before the application deadline. You will have 5 days after completing your application to take the Watson Glaser test. Your application is not complete and will not be considered until you have taken both tests."

so to my
    understanding you only have to finish the first one before the deadline since they consider it part of the application form but for the WG I think 5 days is fine.

Good luck with it ;) Confirm
    with other as I might be wrong

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    this is what I received by email "Please note, you must complete the Linklaters online assessment before the application deadline. You will have 5 days after completing your application to take the Watson Glaser test. Your application is not complete and will not be considered until you have taken both tests."

so to my
    understanding you only have to finish the first one before the deadline since they consider it part of the application form but for the WG I think 5 days is fine.

Good luck with it ;) Confirm
    with other as I might be wrong
    Thank you so much

• Love
    Reactions: GXA123

SS1

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 5, 2020
    Thank you very much!

can I ask you if I have to do the WG immediately after the other test?
    Hi - believe me, YOU HAVE TO DO THE TEST WITHIN 5 DAYS after you complete the first part of the application!!!!!!! Apologies for the capitals and the exclamation marks but must stress the importance - My application was withdrawn after 5 days because I didn't do it (the Grad Rec portal (CAPP) test) within the specified time.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hey, the DLA WG test is untimed. Do grad rec take the timing into account when assessing candidates tho?
    If it is untimed then it most likely it won’t be. I can’t guarantee it, but usually instructions would explain that although it hasn’t a time limit you’d be assessed on the time taken (so read instructions carefully).

Reactions: Dwight
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.