TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

skmx

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Could anyone who has done the CMS video interview please shed some light on how many questions there are, how much time there is to prepare and answer, and what styles of questions are asked (competency, situational, or motivational)? I have been struggling to find any up to date info. Thanks everyone!
4 questions - 60 seconds to prep and 60 to answer. You manually move onto the next question though so you can have a 5 min break in between.
For question prep, always why cms/general competency and situational (imagine you were a trainee and your colleague did xyz”
:)

Last edited:

Hamilton

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 8, 2018
4 questions - 60 seconds to prep and 60 to answer. You manually move onto the next question though so you can have a 5 min break in between.
For question prep, always why cms/general competency and situational (imagine your were a trainee and your colleague did xyz”
:)
Immensely helpful. Now I can properly organise my preparation. Thanks a lot! :)

Reactions: skmx

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I meant outside UK
Although not impossible, it is highly unlikely a firm will get a visa for a vacation scheme for you. The cost and process needed would be more than the vacation scheme itself.

It is probably worthwhile contacting the firm directly via email or their social media channels to double check though.

• ✅
Reactions: AvniD

WillF

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 31, 2021
Hey everyone,

I need to complete two Watson Glasers (Linklaters & HL), but have never taken a test before (besides some smaller practice ones today).
If anyone could send websites with practice tests or TCLA advice/tips that would be amazing.

[I'm currently going through the TCLA course on WG tests]

Thanks!

Last edited: