TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Morning everyone!

There is a bonus question in Dechert application "If applicable please state any additional information which you think is relevant to your application or which you think has not been covered adequately in this form"

During my research, I discovered that the NY office is working on a big settlement for a pharma despicable company which also deals with their corporate responsibility. My current role also deals with "corporate responsibility", I know that it is always better to refer to the London office but I was wondering if I could mention it anyway.

Thank you for your help
Although they're related, I don't see how you working in CSR and one of their deals having a CSR focus demonstrates your motivation to apply for their vacation scheme/training contract. I'm unsure about how you're planning to tie these two things together in a way that's relevant for your application- maybe you can walk me through it?

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hey everyone,

I need to complete two Watson Glasers (Linklaters & HL), but have never taken a test before (besides some smaller practice ones today).
If anyone could send websites with practice tests or TCLA advice/tips that would be amazing.

[I'm currently going through the TCLA course on WG tests]

Thanks!
Including some links below that I think will be helpful to you-
All the best for your tests! Please reach out here on the forum if you have any questions or need any help :)

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Whenever I save my Travers app to my PC and it transfers to word doc, the structure becomes all messed up - no paragraphs so my answers are just one big text, such as the cover letter. Please tell me I am not the only one!! How do I fix this?
    I believe the app form says that you shouldn't transfer from a Word doc (Please copy and paste from a text editor like NotePad not MS Word as this can cause formatting issues.), so I guess you'd be better off trying to open it in NotePad or similar? On my mac, it automatically opened on TextEdit.

KerC14

Valued Member
    Jan 26, 2020
    Work has been crazy and I haven’t had a chance to record my Irwin Mitchell VI yet 🤦🏼‍♀️

I received the email on Wednesday 1st December and it says I have to complete it within 7 calendar days. Dumb question, but is this a tomorrow (Tuesday), or Wednesday deadline?

If the deadline is tomorrow I might have to do it this evening 😅😅

F99

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2021
    Hi all,

sorry if this has already been asked - got the CC ‘your profile is of interest’ after applying for the Direct TC for 2023. What does those mean, have some Direct TC 2023 applicants already been sent the WG?
    Some were sent WG last week and are apparently hearing back about whether they've been invited to ACs this week. Others (like me) were sent the 'profile of interest' email last Friday. I haven't heard anything since then. Can I ask when you received your 'profile of interest' email?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Work has been crazy and I haven’t had a chance to record my Irwin Mitchell VI yet 🤦🏼‍♀️

I received the email on Wednesday 1st December and it says I have to complete it within 7 calendar days. Dumb question, but is this a tomorrow (Tuesday), or Wednesday deadline?

If the deadline is tomorrow I might have to do it this evening 😅😅
    It is most likely Wednesday, but to play it safe I would do it by tomorrow in a just in case basis.

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Also, has anyone else who got the 'your profile is of interest' email for CC 2023 heard anything/had their portal updated since?
    I suspect we’ll hear something after they decide who to invite to AC among the people that already got the WG. 🙏🏻😊

Last edited:
    Reactions: F99
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.