TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

summer207

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2021
Does anyone know how long after sending the initial WG invite email Bakers send the actual link to the test? I got an invite yesterday and it said details would be sent in a few days but I’m wondering if anyone could let me know how long it took for them to receive these details?
I received the invite on the 14th and was sent the test link on the 17th

Reactions: Law2021vacschemer

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
For anyone who has done Weil AC, just wondered if you had any advice on how to prepare? Any useful articles I can read to research rivate equity, Weil's global strategy etc?

teddyowen34

Dec 15, 2021
Still haven't heard back from Slaughters for Summer VS. Interviews are meant to start next week, and all my friends have either been rejected or invited to interview. Not sure what to do. How common is it for an application to slip through and be forgotten about?
I also haven't heard back. I applied close to the deadline, so I am expecting my application to be read later in the process. I am assuming that they will keep spots for interviews in the later end of the interview-window.

Last edited:
Hi everyone
Just a question about the 'what's a recent news article that interests you and how will it impact the firm' question.
Is it ok to talk about something the firm is involved in i.e their client is one of the parties concerned. I know it's a bit risky but it is something I'm genuinely interested in.

Reactions: thirdtimelucky and OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Regarding a “recent commercial deal”, how recent would you say is recent and what do you think would be considered too far back/irrelevant!
Ideally the last 12 months. You can pick "slow burn" topics if appropriate that may have started more than 12 months ago, but there just needs to be some recent updates/changes to the story.

Reactions: djqb, AvniD and 21wajsz
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.