TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IJ6238

Feb 17, 2021
DLA piper vac scheme says it's only for second year law students or final year students from other courses but I applied as a third year (final year) law student and have an AC next week. Is it foreseeable I will have any problems down the line with this?

Reactions: OB

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Which firms are people applying to post new year? I need to get my head into gear before deadlines start seriously limiting my options!
    Mainly US law firms like Dechert, Covington and those types of law firms but mainly because I am interested in PE, M&A and,life sciences which most US law firms do.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Also, I am doing my research for my law firms this weekend and then am going to start writing the applications up after the TCLA webinar on Monday as I want to see how I can improve my application writing. I am excited about the TCLA webinar about applications on Monday.

Reactions: tt_xo

Anoned

Distinguished Member
    Nov 1, 2021
    DLA piper vac scheme says it's only for second year law students or final year students from other courses but I applied as a third year (final year) law student and have an AC next week. Is it foreseeable I will have any problems down the line with this?
    Hey, it will probably just mean that you'll need to wait until 2024 to start your TC with the firm if you end up converting the AC and vac scheme.

mckamp

Standard Member
    Jan 7, 2022
    I have exactly the same thing, starting to think the same. As my video interview went horrifically as it was the first one I had done. But on the bright side have a final interview for Dickson Minto next week and assessment centre the following week for Dentons so I am not overtly worried.
    Is the AC for Dentons' summer vac scheme? If so when did you do the telephone interview? I am yet to hear back from mine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.