TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilikoi

Standard Member
Premium Member
Nov 8, 2021
DLA piper vac scheme says it's only for second year law students or final year students from other courses but I applied as a third year (final year) law student and have an AC next week. Is it foreseeable I will have any problems down the line with this?
Hi, can I ask when you applied/how long it took for them to get back to you?
I'm still waiting for DLA... 😢

Law2021vacschemer

Valued Member
Dec 7, 2021
Could someone shed some light on the VI for Bakers? It's my first one !
Hi I haven’t done this years one but I did one last year for their FYS and was successful. It’s 3 questions- you have 45 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to answer the question. They may be competence based, motivational based, or testing your commercial awareness. The questions I got were fairly broad and not too difficult to answer.

id massively recommend practicing filming and timing yourself answering questions to prepare, as this gets you used to the format! If it makes you feel better it wasn’t as hard as I was expecting- I was super nervous but it really was Ok :)

refy

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 19, 2021
Hi I haven’t done this years one but I did one last year for their FYS and was successful. It’s 3 questions- you have 45 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to answer the question. They may be competence based, motivational based, or testing your commercial awareness. The questions I got were fairly broad and not too difficult to answer.

id massively recommend practicing filming and timing yourself answering questions to prepare, as this gets you used to the format! If it makes you feel better it wasn’t as hard as I was expecting- I was super nervous but it really was Ok :)
Thank you so much ! Feeling a bit less stressed now!

Reactions: Law2021vacschemer
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.