TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

psr23

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2020
Can you find other job descriptions for the same firm for similar jobs/roles?

Also consider the practice area you are aligned to and also the firm/company’s values, as these will give you you some indication of what questions/themes might come up in the interview.
Thank you! Would you expect the questions to be mostly competency based? I'm not sure whether a paralegal interview would be more technical than a vac scheme interview

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you! Would you expect the questions to be mostly competency based? I'm not sure whether a paralegal interview would be more technical than a vac scheme interview
I’d expect it to be more technical but still competency based. The technical elements might be more relevant if you have completed the LPC or have previous experience.

Reactions: psr23

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is there any difference between spring or summer schemes? I'm indifferent between them and not sure which to choose.
Usually just length of scheme. Spring tends to be shorter given the Easter bank holiday weekend.

I’d expect everything else to be the same.

Reactions: GXA123

Vacationschemeapps

Esteemed Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hey, I had recently done a WG for bakers for summer scheme. But just got the email that I didn't sit for it and therefore they assume I'm not interested in continuing with my application.

I have emailed them back that I took it within the time. But feel so gutted, does that happen with candidates often? Do grad rec understand that there might be tech errors? @Jessica Booker

Reactions: GXA123
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.