TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Stark

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 23, 2021
    Essentially be yourself! The interviewers are willing you to do well and there is a TC for everyone that applied as long as you are successful. Don’t panic.
    Take things logically and commercially and you should be fine. Be concise and clear in your writing. You are given 35 mins to read and prepare your letter and prepare for the case study element of the interview.
    Anything else feel free to PM me!
    If I may ask, do you have to send the written exercise to the interviewers after the 35 minutes? Is it a letter or an email? Thank you for your insight.

mome101

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 30, 2021
    I was just expecting a 'nice' interview from reading previous posts on here, etc about my skills and why Skadden. It sounded like it was very chilled. However, I found my interview to be quite commercial heavy. I guess it's my fault for not being prepared enough. We live and learn :)
    When did you submit your application? As I submitted mine on the 20th because I had COVID and just want to know if I have any chance of hearing back this week.

Reactions: Asil Ahmad

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    When did you submit your application? As I submitted mine on the 20th because I had COVID and just want to know if I have any chance of hearing back this week.
    They seem to be doing them in batches and with *very* short lead times. I have a suspicion invites will trickle through the next couple weeks and PFOs will be en masse at month's end (but this is conjecture on my part).

Alison C

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    Anyone have an unconventional response to 'which area should we expand into?' - I usually say ESG to fit the growing agenda etc., but this firm has a whole practice area just for ESG so they're clearly following client needs. Any help appreciated!
    NFTs, which seem to be moving into all sorts of sectors. And yes, as above, class actions, cryptocurrency, online money laundering...

• 🤝
    Reactions: LEL
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.