TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey guys,

I submitted an application to Freshfields, but I made a mistake and I do not know to what extent that mistake will play a role in the outcome of my application.

In a work experience entry, my first sentence was I rotated across the immigration and property departments. I talked so much about my work in the property department, but did not talk about my work in the immigration department. This was my final work experience entry in the form.

How will graduate recruitment consider this mistake.

Thanks,
Rijul
This isn’t something they would consider a mistake. They would just think you have aligned your experiences more to real estate.

Zubin

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 17, 2020
    Strengths assessment is a pretty straightforward SJT. Mayer Brown's verbal reasoning is a bit unlike anything I've seen elsewhere, and tests a broader range of attributes than straight-on critical reasoning.
    Okay cool! So it’s like critical thinking in the form of a situation, as opposed to a written passage?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.