TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AspiringTrainee

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 22, 2021
    Skadden PFO, seems like I am not the only one. Oh well, I am not surprised.
    high school musical GIF

ap28

Aug 12, 2021
    Hi! I have a question regarding the Osborne Clarke application form. The referee section has 3 subsections: academic referee, company/organisation referee, second company/organisation. They are all mandatory. I, for example, do not have a second company to write down as a referee. What should I write down on the mandatory fields for the second company? This is on apply4law btw.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Skadden PFO, seems like I am not the only one. Oh well, I am not surprised.
    high school musical GIF
    This just made my day thank you for this. I know why I got rejected but I don't want to say anything as it will turn into a debate it is the obvious reason I will just say that I knew I was going to get Skadden rejection.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Jaysen and AspiringTrainee

sibs23

Legendary Member
    Jan 15, 2021
    Hi! I have a question regarding the Osborne Clarke application form. The referee section has 3 subsections: academic referee, company/organisation referee, second company/organisation. They are all mandatory. I, for example, do not have a second company to write down as a referee. What should I write down on the mandatory fields for the second company? This is on apply4law btw.
    I'm thinking maybe an organisation where you have volunteered at might be appropriate? I'm unsure otherwise, sorry. Do you know if OC reach out to references before the next stage or only at the point of offer?

Reactions: ap28
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.