TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
DLA Piper PFO.

And these mf automated application systems sent me my rejection email twice. THE AUDACITY.

(applied on December 09th)
Vice Tv Reaction GIF by STICK TO SPORTS

skmx

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
How much of a heads up do law firms typically give for ACs? Does it tend to be more of a "your AC is next week" or are you given more time to prep?
Entirely dependent on the firm. Some will have slots between 1-4 weeks from the date you get your invite. Very rare to have less than a week between the invite and first date though :)

Reactions: AP2000

AP2000

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    It really depends! I've had 3+ weeks to prepare for an AC, I've also had 3-4 days, which is definitely on the shorter end. I don't think there's a definite answer
    Entirely dependent on the firm. Some will have slots between 1-4 weeks from the date you get your invite. Very rare to have less than a week between the invite and first date though :)
    I had 6 days to prepare for an A&O AC but 4 weeks to prepare for a Slaughters AC- so it very much depends on the firm!
    That's great to know! Thank you all- I'm waiting to hear back after a GBA and thinking/planning ahead for ACs is the only way for me to stay sane and calm! :)

tc.la.vs

Esteemed Member
    Mar 1, 2021
    just got a rejection from my dream firm after doing a vac scheme. won't get feedback for weeks, and thought I did well on the scheme. its such a blow and I don't know how much longer I can be in this cycle of rejection. I tried so so hard on the vac scheme and thought that I had done well on the assessed stuff and built a rapport with the people working there. I know I'm not 'entitled' at all to be successful but it really stings because I thought the firm and I were a great fit for each other. not asking for sympathy or anything really -- just I suppose getting it off my chest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.