TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Honestly the shift to online recruitment events is probably the best thing to happen to diversity in the profession in years. Huge boon in terms of accessibility outside the hallowed halls of institutions ancient and venerable.
    It’s also been great for graduates too! I didn’t know I wanted to go into corporate law when I was at uni and the shift to online events has been amazing (especially because they work around my work hours!) though I do miss Legal Cheeks’ events at firms and getting to chat face-to-face with trainees/partners!

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    It’s also been great for graduates too! I didn’t know I wanted to go into corporate law when I was at uni and the shift to online events has been amazing (especially because they work around my work hours!) though I do miss Legal Cheeks’ events at firms and getting to chat face-to-face with trainees/partners!
    Fully agree! Being able to set up my personal laptop on a break to watch the grad rec events is a game changer. I hope it’s here to stay!

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    How do ppl feel about NRF’s Business and Legal operations scheme? I can’t tell if I’m allowed to apply for both that and a training contract (I’m a final year law student so can’t apply for their vac scheme)

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Everytime I see someone post about BLM on here, I keep thinking they’re talking about the activist group. If only. I’d love to work for Black Lives Matter.
    There are actually a couple firms that set up programmes to have some associates undertake multi-year stints at civil rights orgs in the wake of George Floyd's murder (I want to say Orrick and Freshfields but I'm hazy on that) - so you never know!

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    How do ppl feel about NRF’s Business and Legal operations scheme? I can’t tell if I’m allowed to apply for both that and a training contract (I’m a final year law student so can’t apply for their vac scheme)
    You probably can apply to both, but I'd be wary as I reckon that could call into question your motivation for/commitment to each.

Reactions: Adrian_S

rose0904

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 6, 2021
    Hey, I hope it went well! DO you mind if I ask you how it went and the kind of questions they asked? I have mine this week. Thanks!
    Ngl I thought it was super hard but I made it to AC! For the tests I just practiced the ones they recommend but just as a pre-warning, I found the real ones to be harder (especially the verbal reasoning). For the written exercise I'd just say be aware of the time to make sure you can finish. For the VI, they're pretty standard questions tbh so nothing out of the ordinary. Good luck!

Reactions: kaykay

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    There are actually a couple firms that set up programmes to have some associates undertake multi-year stints at civil rights orgs in the wake of George Floyd's murder (I want to say Orrick and Freshfields but I'm hazy on that) - so you never know!
    That’s amazing!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.