TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellensdaleoriginal

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2020
Can you apply for Greenberg Traurig if you haven't done your LPC? I noticed that their intake is September 2022 which is cutting it very close for non-LPC students.
Nope. You need to have done the LPC before you can start at TC with them. I spoke to someone at the firm and they said as long as you have finished your exams before the TC start date you should be eligible. Going to follow up regarding whether you need results before the start date or not and will let you know what they say

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Nope. You need to have done the LPC before you can start at TC with them. I spoke to someone at the firm and they said as long as you have finished your exams before the TC start date you should be eligible. Going to follow up regarding whether you need results before the start date or not and will let you know what they say
thank you!

Marlian44

Dec 3, 2021
Can you also apply if you’ need sponsorship. A bit confused on what i read on thier page

mads_g

Star Member
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2021
Hi everyone

I'm a career changer currently doing the LPC and VS applications, but of course have my moments of doubt where I don't feel too hopeful about landing a training contract this cycle. Does anyone know of any smaller firms who recruit less than two years in advance but still offer commercial work?

The thought of starting a TC in 2025 if I'm not successful this year seems so far away (2024 already seems silly 🤣), so want to start thinking about some other options.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Hi everyone

I'm a career changer currently doing the LPC and VS applications, but of course have my moments of doubt where I don't feel too hopeful about landing a training contract this cycle. Does anyone know of any smaller firms who recruit less than two years in advance but still offer commercial work?

The thought of starting a TC in 2025 if I'm not successful this year seems so far away (2024 already seems silly 🤣), so want to start thinking about some other options.

INTRESTED

jessicamcnamara

Esteemed Member
    Jan 17, 2022
    Hi everyone

Have you considered the SQE route aswell? So after LPC sit SQE2 and you will need two years QWE ie paralegal work? So could technically be qualified in 2 years? (If you already have some QWE it could be faster obviously) it all depends on how fast you want to get qualified really! The SQE definitely helps with speed

Reactions: AvniD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.