TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssolicitorz

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 3, 2021
I emailed a firm on Monday for an update on my application after completing a second round interview on the 14th. They have not repsonded to me. Should I email them again today in hopes for a response before the weekend? I do not want to annoy them but the wait is killing me and my sisters (who have corporate careers and have gone through recruitment processes) said that they are taking too long....thoughts? If I annoy HR would that impact my chances of getting the role lol

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I emailed a firm on Monday for an update on my application after completing a second round interview on the 14th. They have not repsonded to me. Should I email them again today in hopes for a response before the weekend? I do not want to annoy them but the wait is killing me and my sisters (who have corporate careers and have gone through recruitment processes) said that they are taking too long....thoughts? If I annoy HR would that impact my chances of getting the role lol
I would personally wait until Monday before following up again, and if you haven’t heard from them by then call them.

Reactions: ssolicitorz

LawfulRust00

Legendary Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    I wouldn’t email. Ultimately if they want you they’ll contact you. If they want you, don’t reduce your chances by annoying them. If they don’t want you, emailing them won’t change anything. I know it’s difficult but hold off.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    did anyone btw contacted them?
    Sincerely speaking I am trying to recover from Covid, so I have other priorities like getting my breath back. I was talking to a friend and she is waiting to hear from Clyde and we both feel like that applications are more complicated than ever!

A

AspiringIPLawyer

HSF AC was going so well until the final interview then I threw it in the bin. GOD that was embarrassing 😂😭
    I'm sorry to hear your final interview didn't go as well as you had hoped. It might not have gone as badly as you think, manifest positive outcomes!! I'm rooting for you 🤞🏼

I hope you don't mind me asking and no worries if you don't want to talk about it and just put it behind you (😂), but would you be able to say a little about the structure of the AC? I have one with HSF in a couple of weeks and have no idea how best to prepare/what to expect...

TIA x

• 🤝
    Reactions: George Maxwell

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    find it quite funny how my DLA Piper app (London) still hasnt been updated post wg.. last update was when i initially submitted my app. kinda sucks to know they probably didnt even read my app even though i never received a pfo.. or anything?! from what it seems like all ACs are done or spots filled but just strange to not have any closure.

John Doe

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 18, 2021
    saw someone do this before and it worked haha so

✨✨✨✨✨manifesting AC invites for Reed Smith today✨✨✨✨✨
    Hahaha love this. When they said they had a hard time picking AC candidates they were clearly not lying apparently.

Perhaps our work was so good it brings too much pain and displeasure for them to press the PFO button!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.