TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Omg!!! A&O TC OFFER!!!!!
Amazing news!

A massive congratulations to you!

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent

willturnbull60

Standard Member
Sep 2, 2021
Is there much point applying to Sidley unless you've got a first from Cambridge, an MBA and President of every society under the sun at uni?
I applied and got invited to interview with a 2:1 from Durham (average of 64%), but rejected them, as I decided US law wasn't for me. Happy to share my application if you'd like?

sc29

Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 26, 2021
saw someone do this before and it worked haha so

✨✨✨✨✨manifesting AC invites for Reed Smith today✨✨✨✨✨
same here, need all the luck I can get haha honestly holding onto my last thread of sanity after all these applications

✨✨✨✨✨manifesting AC invites for Reed Smith today✨✨✨✨✨

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
LinkedIn Etiquette: what is the general feeling about the LinkedIn trend of « incoming vac scheme at… »?
Is it perceived as too much? like would it be better to simply wait for the actual VS to happen then put that on LinkedIn?
Trust your instinct with this as there is no wrong or right way to go about it. Worst case scenario, if the vac scheme doesn't happen, you can simply remove it.

jessicamcnamara

Esteemed Member
Jan 17, 2022
find it quite funny how my DLA Piper app (London) still hasnt been updated post wg.. last update was when i initially submitted my app. kinda sucks to know they probably didnt even read my app even though i never received a pfo.. or anything?! from what it seems like all ACs are done or spots filled but just strange to not have any closure.
I got a pfo post-WG for DLA but for Manchester office. Maybe the London office havent reviewed some WGs yet? I got the pfo within about 3 days after, wouldn’t it be strange for some offices to send out pfos and another office just ignore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.