TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OO28

Junior Lawyer
Nov 4, 2019
Amazing news!

A massive congratulations to you!

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent
Thank Jessica!! ☺️☺️☺️

Reactions: Jessica Booker

h1

Esteemed Member
Oct 12, 2020
Just had my first AC and I found it absolutely brutal. I got so anxious with the group and written tasks. I tried my best which is, I know, is all I can do - but is it normal to feel like this?
Defo! Especially as it was your first. Well done and, as you say, you can only do your best. I'm sure it went well and, even if not, you've just had some valuable practice for your next ACs

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Feel like my telephone interview with Browne Jacobson didn’t go well 🥲 have to wait all weekend now good luck anyone else!!
    I felt like my NRF TI went badly too but I ended up getting an AC spot! Its a great achievement to get this far and its so easy to become your own worst critic in these situations, especially because you can't see the interviewers reactions to your answers!

• 🏆
    Reactions: Legalmel_99 and Rob93

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Looks like it’s gonna be another day without any news from Reed Smith😔 they could have just told us they were gonna let us know on the Friday instead of making us all fret and anxious the entire week
    It's just so peculiar that the AC's start in a few days and no-one on the forum appears to have gained a summer one... If a single person just said, 'Summer AC!' then I would know it was a PFO; but, that hasn't happened. Maybe we've just all been incredibly unlucky and no-one here has got one!

Parsorandini

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 8, 2021
    It's just so peculiar that the AC's start in a few days and no-one on the forum appears to have gained a summer one... If a single person just said, 'Summer AC!' then I would know it was a PFO; but, that hasn't happened. Maybe we've just all been incredibly unlucky and no-one here has got one!
    The silver lining for this is that surely they MUST tell us tomorrow as the first one is on Monday! 🤣

John Doe

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 18, 2021
    I guess they are really having a hard time processing us, the summer VS applicants. I wouldn't find it surprising given the bigger candidate pool and the fact that this is the first year they do strength-based interviews.

Perhaps it is a lot more time-consuming going through all the candidates than in previous years and they underestimated it......

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.