TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssolicitorz

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 3, 2021
Ashurst PFO hereeee
same :( I thought the whole aspect of having to release last year's assessment scores very annoying. I performed quite average in those tests because it was my first time taking Eevelian assessments. With more experience, I think I would have performed better and would have had a good chance of making it to the next round as my cover letter was strong but nope they had to be annoying about this.

• 🤝
Reactions: tc_hopeful and Adrian_S

Sfernan21

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 26, 2021
What's peoples advice on answering the question have you had any VC offers or TC offers already when asked in interview. Is it worth being very vague and answering truthfully but just leaving it at yes or no as the case may be and then only saying anymore of asked a follow up question. Or is it best to name the firm/s and then say something about your commitment to the firm your interviewing at. Any advice would be appreciated as had an interview today and went really well but then kinda of ended on a bit of sour note when the interviewer said I have one final question which was that.
I think you've covered two possibilities. I would be honest to an extent - I would always only mention firms that are similar to the one I was applying to and then distinguish as you have done, but only if they ask.

I think for this question, the shorter your answer the better. If they query your choice of having a VS at another firm and also at their firm, that is when I would distinguish it and argue why I prefer 'x' firm. They also have to expect you to have applied to different firms, and if you're a good candidate, to have received other offers.

But as such, the less you say about other VS, whilst it may not 'look as good' objectively, it may assist your progression at that firm.

This is purely my assumption and how I would structure an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.