TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunLee2808

Junior Lawyer
Oct 16, 2021
TLT London Summer Vacation Scheme! If anyone is also doing the same scheme in London, lets connect!

For those wondering about my application timeline:
- submitted my app/completed WG on 12/1/2022
- AC invite: 19th Jan
- AC: 27th Jan
- Offer/call: 4th Feb 2022 (I actually slept through my phone ringing because I was so tired that day. They left me a voicemail to call back quickly bc it was already 4:30pm, and they stop working at 5pm)

22.m

Jan 17, 2022
Hi there,

I have my Osborne Clarke AC very shortly. Can anyone confirm whether it will include an interview or whether it will just be WG's and commerical tasks?

Thanks in advance!
Hi! I can't confirm as I haven't had mine yet, however from what I gather from others there is no interview. Check your TopScore, as I believe it sets out the running order and plan for the AC and mine doesn't include time for an interview! Hope this helps and best of luck, you will do great :)

Reactions: TCG

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    Does anyone have any advice on choosing vac scheme departments? I will of course choose what I find interesting and want to experience, but can anyone give any further recommendations?
    Besides choosing what you’re interested in, I guess I’d say try to do a seat in both a transactional and a contentious seat (if both are an option) - try out the best of both worlds!

Reactions: George Maxwell and LEL

B A

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 4, 2020
    Got an invite to complete Mayer Brown's situational strengths and verbal reasoning tests today. Seems like they stopped sending these automatically and started only sending them after application screening. Would anyone who has passed these before be willing to share their advice?

eleven14og

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    This may be a stupid question but what are the differences between Direct TC and VS application process? I would imagine TC apps to be more rigid but is it less competitive compared to VS?

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    This may be a stupid question but what are the differences between Direct TC and VS application process? I would imagine TC apps to be more rigid but is it less competitive compared to VS?
    Not less competitive - sometimes the numbers say more competitive, but I guess it depends what you're stronger at! I was good at interviews and bad at vac schemes... but I have a TC to show for it nonetheless :)

mariistm

Distinguished Member
    Jan 19, 2022
    I emailed CMS to see if they still do ACs for the Bristol Academy and they said they’re still looking through applications but I don’t have a lot of hope, has anyone received an AC from them recently?

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    Hi, does anyone have any advice for the Debevoise AC /Open Day? There will be an interview based on an FT article so I was wondering if anyone has any advice on that as well? Thank you! :)
    Well done on getting the Open Day! It involves a lot of talks and one interview if I recall, almost all based on an article that they give you an hour beforehand :)

Reactions: robynm09
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.