TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceFloe

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
I submitted an application 30 minutes ago and just realised I made a grammatical error in my CV. I can't make changes to my application after submitting it and there's no option to withdraw.

Is immediately emailing graduate recruitment to withdraw this application, then re-applying with the corrected CV through a different personal email before the deadline tonight a stupid idea, anyone?

@Jessica Booker

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
I submitted an application 30 minutes ago and just realised I made a grammatical error in my CV. I can't make changes to my application after submitting it and there's no option to withdraw.

Is immediately emailing graduate recruitment to withdraw this application, then re-applying with the corrected CV through a different personal email before the deadline tonight a stupid idea, anyone?

@Jessica Booker
What firm was this for?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

@Jessica Booker
Not a good idea - they will still see you have applied twice (even with a separate email) and will wonder why.

What was the mistake?

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    @Jessica Booker

Forgot 'and' in a sentence:

Interpreted different levels of client knowledge adjusted my communication style accordingly.

Would calling graduate recruitment to explain the second application not be advisable?
    Honestly the only thing you can do is hope they don’t notice it. Contacting grad rec is just going to alert them to your typo. I got through to an AC last year by naming a different firm in one of my answers so your typo isn’t too bad in comparison

Reactions: ScrappyDoo

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thank you, is there a specific way to style the CV. As I’ve seen templates on line with people’s face on it, assuming that’s informal 😂
    no need for a photo on a CV. Jaysen’s posted a general template somewhere a let me see if I can find it.

The post here might help:

ScrappyDoo

Esteemed Member
    May 15, 2021
    no need for a photo on a CV. Jaysen’s posted a general template somewhere a let me see if I can find it.

The post here might help:

Thank you @Jessica Booker !!

Happy Well Done GIF by Loof and Timmy

Reactions: Jaysen

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    Will law firm's care about adjusting the margins to ensure that the cover letter fits on one page?
    Yes, this is something they do consider. The same thing goes for making the text smaller than the required size so that you’re able to fit it all in. The margins shouldn’t be adjusted and the text shouldn’t be any smaller than Times New Roman 12

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.