TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawyertobe101

Mar 7, 2022
Hi, hopefully this hasn't been asked before but do BCLP ghost? I got my testing invite quite soon after sending off my application (completed tests in December) but heard absolutely nothing since. It's been a long time and seeing lots of people on here get offers, interviews etc. Just wondering if they traditionally ghost for vac schemes :/
I’ve had the same experience, but for the direct TC app

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2021
I’m not sure how well I have done, but I’ve always passed. I spent less time practising and more time understand the logic / reasoning behind it. Until that becomes my logic. I found listening to the podcast with Assessment Day’s creator really helped. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss the mechanics of it all
I'd second this.

Also, and whilst this might sound patronising and really obvious, I'd stress to really read the questions. The way human brains work means that when we are reading we instinctively fill in what our brain expects to be there. However, the diference between an "and" and an "or" can fundamentally change the meaning of a sentence, so it's important to really make sure you've manually read a question rather than let your brain go on autopilot.

• 🏆
Reactions: WillF, Nicole15 and S87

Scandi

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 28, 2021
    Hi. Do you usually bring anything to assessment centres (e.g., notes/stationery)? No information about it is provided, and I assume that most material will be available at the law firm. Any tips are welcome.

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    Hi. Do you usually bring anything to assessment centres (e.g., notes/stationery)? No information about it is provided, and I assume that most material will be available at the law firm. Any tips are welcome.
    I always bring a notebook and pen, but those are in my handbag at all times so not particular to ACs. I've always found that if anything is required it is provided but its never a bad thing to be the person that always has a pen on them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.