TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

avaelle42

Star Member
Dec 15, 2021
In the same boat as you here! Had my AC 2 days ago and still haven't received a response yet.
Hey, I had an AC over 2 weeks ago and have not had a response yet, so I think they might be taking a bit longer with these things at the moment. Hope this helps settle you and stops you refreshing your email box every hour like I was a few days after! Sending good luck and positive vibes your way.

Reactions: Shia and Crystal86

Crystal86

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 10, 2021
@Crystal86 and @Shia, I just wanted to say that I am keeping my fingers crossed for you both.

I really hope that you do hear some good news very soon. I am inspired by your outlook and positivity though. These things are stressful and anxiety-inducing, so credit to you 💪

Please do let me know when you find out!
Thanks @George Maxwell for your understanding! You've been of great help!!

Reactions: George Maxwell

rightletsdothis

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 30, 2022
    Does anyone else practice Watson Glasser tests hundreds of times, get top 80% marks in those practice tests, and then open up a firm's Watson test and no matter what, get like 30% ??? haha. I am so confused. Are all of these paid & free practice tests just 100x easier than the actual firm tests? It isn't even pressuring for me. Most of the firm tests I have taken aren't even timed. I just always do well in the practice and suck in the firm's test, and wondering why/???.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For the BCLP application question about who would, you would seek to build relationships with as a trainee.

I was going to discuss building relationships with both associates and your supervisor but my concern is that is your supervisor will be an associate or will that not always be the case.

I mean can you discuss building a relationship with both of them or will that repetitive.

I guess the question here is will a trainee's supervisor always be an associate or not it depends on the firm such as it can be a partner also.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    For the BCLP application question about who would, you would seek to build relationships with as a trainee.

I was going to discuss building relationships with both associates and your supervisor but my concern is that is your supervisor will be an associate or will that not always be the case.

I mean can you discuss building a relationship with both of them or will that repetitive.

I guess the question here is will a trainee's supervisor always be an associate or not it depends on the firm such as it can be a partner also.
    Discuss both separately because not every associate will be your supervisor, and it’s a different type of relationship!

Bestkid98

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 22, 2020
    Does anyone else practice Watson Glasser tests hundreds of times, get top 80% marks in those practice tests, and then open up a firm's Watson test and no matter what, get like 30% ??? haha. I am so confused. Are all of these paid & free practice tests just 100x easier than the actual firm tests? It isn't even pressuring for me. Most of the firm tests I have taken aren't even timed. I just always do well in the practice and suck in the firm's test, and wondering why/???.
    Lol, this happened to me a lot with CC - I used Assessment Day to practice but still got the same outcome. Maybe it was just me not being suited to the test. I would say the free tests on the firm websites are definitely easier than the actual ones you'll get on the day.

Bestkid98

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 22, 2020

You could also throw in the trainees in your cohort as well, graduate recruitment will also be vital. But what you suggested definitely works!

AspiringTrainee

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 22, 2021

I also mentioned with this, people who are often overlooked, like support staff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.