TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Stark

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 23, 2021
    When I applied for their vac scheme last year, grad rec only emailed me that I was unsuccessful after completing the WG. If you want to get a report to find out your percentile, you will have email grad rec like me
    Thank you for this! Just got a response inviting me for their AC despite feeling like I messed up the WG

• 🏆
    Reactions: Rob93 and Rachael.Elisa

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Just received this email from Mishcon in case people are still waiting to hear back:

"Dear [future wine mum]

Thank you again for applying for the Vacation Scheme at Mishcon de Reya, we look forward to reviewing your application.

Applications are currently being reviewed and we thank you for your patience.

The team will be in touch once we have an update on the next stage and we hope to have contacted all applicants by 11 March."

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Just received this email from Mishcon in case people are still waiting to hear back:

"Dear [future wine mum]

Thank you again for applying for the Vacation Scheme at Mishcon de Reya, we look forward to reviewing your application.

Applications are currently being reviewed and we thank you for your patience.

The team will be in touch once we have an update on the next stage and we hope to have contacted all applicants by 11 March."

March 11 seems like such a long time given that the deadline was December 22. Is that normal?

therealellewoods

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 20, 2022
    Hi everyone. I watch this forum frequently but haven't posted before. I was wondering if people could tell me where they at with the same firms so I could manage my expectations?

DLA Piper - Applied and did WG but not heard anything since. My portal hasn't even updated since 20th Dec.

HL - Also not heard anything, although I requested my WG score and its 59 percentile. Could someone please help me understand this in context? They said their pass mark this year is 18 percentile, but 59 seems quite low? I'm quite confused by it

Linklaters summer - Not heard anything since I applied in December, portal says 'on hold'

Also, I applied to Travers and think it was one of my strongest applications so far. But my word count was not 500. I don't want to panic but I knew the cover letter should have been in the 500 range. Mine was around 650. Will this drastically detriment my application?

Thanks!

Reactions: George Maxwell

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    March 11 seems like such a long time given that the deadline was December 22. Is that normal?
    March 11 is no time at all for many law firms, especially at the moment while so many people are off work due to Covid.

7 weeks feels like 7 hours to graduate recruitment and 7 years to a candidate 😂

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    March 11 is no time at all for many law firms, especially at the moment while so many people are off work due to Covid.

7 weeks feels like 7 hours to graduate recruitment and 7 years to a candidate 😂

We really need some posts on what life is like as a graduate recruiter. Could give applicants way more perspective about how painstaking the process can be. Thanks for always clarifying @Jessica Booker.

Last edited:

kmax301

Esteemed Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    Hi everyone. I watch this forum frequently but haven't posted before. I was wondering if people could tell me where they at with the same firms so I could manage my expectations?

DLA Piper - Applied and did WG but not heard anything since. My portal hasn't even updated since 20th Dec.

HL - Also not heard anything, although I requested my WG score and its 59 percentile. Could someone please help me understand this in context? They said their pass mark this year is 18 percentile, but 59 seems quite low? I'm quite confused by it

Linklaters summer - Not heard anything since I applied in December, portal says 'on hold'

Also, I applied to Travers and think it was one of my strongest applications so far. But my word count was not 500. I don't want to panic but I knew the cover letter should have been in the 500 range. Mine was around 650. Will this drastically detriment my application?

Thanks!
    How do you know that it should have been within the range of 500? Their website says that it's better to keep it to the length of A4 but I really doubt that they will not accept a strong candidate with a bigger number of words.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.