TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Not sure if they have training contracts but it would still be in-house by virtue of not being a firm or government legal scheme.
I'm not sure the Big 4 TCs are really in-house - an in-house role will involve addressing the legal needs of the company at which you work. Big 4 training is, much like at a law firm, providing legal services to external clients. I would in many ways consider gov't TCs more in the vein of in-house work.

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Hey, thanks for the response! May be completely wrong here, but ive always been a bit confused on this point and i probably should get this sorted in my mind for the future - I sort of thought that in-house would be when you are working within a company, assisting that company with their internal legal matters. Wouldnt working in EY be more akin to working in private practice as you assist external clients in matters brought to the firm?
I think your appraisal here is correct.

gigglingsquid

Oct 30, 2021
Congrats! May I ask when you applied? Trying to get a sense of their turnaround time
I had actually applied for their winter scheme but they said they ran out of interview slots and that they'd consider me for the spring and summer schemes instead so that's what I have my AC for. From experience, they usually get back to you within 3 weeks but they did say that they had received a lot of applications for this cycle so may take a while

elizabeth_98

Distinguished Member
Oct 13, 2020
Ah i see thank you for this info! Im getting a tad confused looking online as to how they name or classify their training programme - would you happen to have a link to the tc description where i could read more about it? (i note that you mentioned dates are closed now, but would be good to learn more!)
Here’s the link here - https://www.ey.com/en_uk/careers/students/programmes/graduates/tax-graduate-programme-options/law

Although it seems they have reopened the application again!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know what reference group Freshfields uses for the WG? I'm scoring around 34/40 on practice ones and trying to aim better but not sure if that will end up being a really low %?
Even if people do know, it doesn’t really mean much unfortunately - there are other factors that will influence percentile scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.