TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Goddammit not a single holding email from RS even after emailing them earlier this week and getting a response saying "they would get back to me soon"

Sad Cry GIF

Should I email them again? IDK why they've left me out of the holding emails post VI - haven't received a single one

This hurts more than a PFO dude

AW_08

Valued Member
Dec 20, 2019
Goddammit not a single holding email from RS even after emailing them earlier this week and getting a response saying "they would get back to me soon"

Sad Cry GIF

Should I email them again? IDK why they've left me out of the holding emails post VI - haven't received a single one

This hurts more than a PFO dude
I'm in the same position as you! I've not received a single holding email, and when I emailed earlier this week, I also got the same response!

Let me know when you get a response or anything!

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
I'm in the same position as you! I've not received a single holding email, and when I emailed earlier this week, I also got the same response!

Let me know when you get a response or anything!
Definitely will do!

I think I might not email them again and just wait - don't want to annoy them - but it is sad just being left out of holding emails for no apparent reason and no PFO yet 😢

elizabeth_98

Distinguished Member
Oct 13, 2020
Why do you think RS are taking so long to provide an outcome? Do you think there were a lot of strong VIs this year?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think this is the first year where they have held the strengths based interview as a video interview rather than as part of the assessment day so maybe it’s just taking them longer to look through them all

AW_08

Valued Member
Dec 20, 2019
Definitely will do!

I think I might not email them again and just wait - don't want to annoy them - but it is sad just being left out of holding emails for no apparent reason and no PFO yet 😢
I was contemplating emailing them because not to get a third holding email is ridiculous! Nothing shows up on my portal either. But like you said, I don't really want to annoy them especially as they are so busy.

The FOMO is just so real right now lol - I will just eat my feelings in chocolate instead 🤣

• 🤝
Reactions: djqb
Reed Smith applicants, how many holding letters have you had? Some people say they've had none while others say they have 3. I'm currently on my third holding email while other people have already been invited to the AC. Last week they said they will contact successful applicants to confirm AC dates by this week and they have for quite a few people. It seems that no one has received a PFO yet.

I think the people who did not receive a holding email have little to worry about and it's more likely an administrative issue. Doesn't seem at all logical to only apologise to some people about the length of time they're taking to get back to everyone.

seriouscandidate

Standard Member
Jan 12, 2022
Reed Smith applicants, how many holding letters have you had? Some people say they've had none while others say they have 3. I'm currently on my third holding email while other people have already been invited to the AC. Last week they said they will contact successful applicants to confirm AC dates by this week and they have for quite a few people. It seems that no one has received a PFO yet.

I think the people who did not receive a holding email have little to worry about and it's more likely an administrative issue. Doesn't seem at all logical to only apologise to some people about the length of time they're taking to get back to everyone.
Defo agree. I think stronger candidates were offered the AC choices first, irrespective of whether they applied to the spring or summer scheme. I don’t want to read too deep into the holding e-mails either. I assume I’ve been PFOd - better to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Love the firm but if it doesn’t work out, it was good to get more VI experience for other firms :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.