TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
That's good for you!

But many of us are graduates/professionals who do not have access to career advisors.
Despite immense work and improvements are a bit lost and do not know what else to do.
I would check with your university. Some universities provide careers service guidance up to 3 or 5 years post-graduation. I know one that offers it indefinitely.

Reactions: Rob93, S87 and OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I did not want to be hostile and apologise

You can access the career service and I hope that they have improved because they did not even have appropriate IT equipment and tutors.
However, guys you need to understand that many people will try everything that they can. Plus, the majority comes from good universities and they offer excellent services and the same cannot be said to more than half of the applicants.
This is obviously a biased view.... but....

As a gold member you have access to all of the TCLA services. I suspect you are using them already, but the application review service, video interview simulator and 1-2-1 calls are all ways you can get the same type of service as you would get from something like Gradavantage Partners.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Do you guys bullet point work experience in application forms?
I would only do it if you can format it like you can in this post
  • Like this
  • And this
If you are having to copy bullet points in and the formatting goes a bit crazy, then I'd generally avoid it.

• ℹ️
Reactions: George Maxwell and GXA123

LawfulRust00

Legendary Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    I would only do it if you can format it like you can in this post
    • Like this
    • And this
    If you are having to copy bullet points in and the formatting goes a bit crazy, then I'd generally avoid it.
    I’ve made applications before where it’s possible to format the bullet points appropriately in the initial form but once it has been sent off, the formatting jams. Do you think this is understandable from a recruiter’s point of view?

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Okay, this is weird, I got a Vinson & Elkins video interview. My first video interview ever.

CLEARLY TRYING TO DERAIL MY FUTURE AS A WINE MUM.

On a more serious note, I’d really appreciate it if anyone could give me some pointers. I don’t know why, but I feel quite ill thinking about a video interview.

Also, I applied on January 10th.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.