TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Last night I dreamt that I attended an in person interview at a law firm and they asked me to sing a Coldplay song. I couldn’t recall any lyrics and they agreed that I could sing ‘Patience’ by Take That instead.

Does anyone have a philosophical/metaphorical reading of this? 😂
Have had so many dreams like this.

The real test is one of patience, which will be rewarded - probably my preferred reading

Reactions: LawfulRust00

John Doe

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 18, 2021
Just got an VI invite from V&E! Didn't expect to get any further than app stage at all - I applied the day before the closing day.

Please send me any tips/pointers - will be really appreciated ☺️
That's so good to hear because I applied on the deadline day. I didn't think I had any chance getting further than the app stage given I applied so late. But now I might have the slightest possibility of getting a VI invite!

• 🏆
Reactions: George Maxwell and AW_08

MzM

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2019
Okay, this is weird, I got a Vinson & Elkins video interview. My first video interview ever.

CLEARLY TRYING TO DERAIL MY FUTURE AS A WINE MUM.

On a more serious note, I’d really appreciate it if anyone could give me some pointers. I don’t know why, but I feel quite ill thinking about a video interview.

Also, I applied on January 10th.
Congrats!

just gonna say that last year you were allowed to re-record your answers as many times as you wanted - so can essentially work out what you want to say beforehand.

It is also treated as a chance to show your personality rather than why law etc - at least that is what the questions were like last year!

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Are you ready for direct TC apps?
Lmao. Kind of, though I just came off my full-time contract so am focusing on lining up the best possible next paralegal role at the moment (and also just like, chilling a bit after a very hectic few months!)

But yeah will be turning to the direct cycle soon, aiming to prep some apps before the summer window opens to come strong out the gate.

JD

Distinguished Member
May 1, 2020
Lmao. Kind of, though I just came off my full-time contract so am focusing on lining up the best possible next paralegal role at the moment (and also just like, chilling a bit after a very hectic few months!)

But yeah will be turning to the direct cycle soon, aiming to prep some apps before the summer window opens to come strong out the gate.
What firm were you at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.