TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Just received a rejection from a final round interview I did last week, way to knock my confidence the day before I have an AC :/
Thats rough, and rejections after getting so far through the process always seem to hurt a bit more than that early post app PFO. Make sure you take some time to be kind to yourself and take pride in the fact that you got so far and are an in demand candidate as you have another AC lined up already! Perhaps it could be a motivator leading you to perform even better in tomorrows AC as you don't have the other role as a back up anymore.

• Love
Reactions: summer207 and OB

I.Like.UFOs.Not.PFOs

Esteemed Member
Jan 6, 2021
Be prepared to answer quirky questions like ‘imagine I’m an alien, explain what law is to me in 3 main points’ - that completely threw me😅 good luck!!☘️
The question of my dreams. Imagine me and the interviewer vibing:
Dancing GIF

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Just received a rejection from a final round interview I did last week, way to knock my confidence the day before I have an AC :/
Hi, I know this sounds cliche but it really does just take that one phone call. Once you get that one offer, your entire attitude towards interviews, AC rejections etc changes. I did like 6-7 ACs before getting any success and it really tanked my confidence, until I got the call a few hours after my GDC final round. A few days later, I got rejected from Weil post AC, but my attitude towards rejection became much more "positive" (for lack of better words). My focus really shifted away from self-criticism and towards seeking feedback ASAP, reflecting on whether the firm was really right for me etc. So please do keep persisting - don't let the rejection affect your AC tomorrow.

If I may ask, which firm interviewed you? And are you by any chance on the Baker McKenzie AC tomorrow? If you are, then I'll see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.