TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fruiterloopers

Star Member
  • Oct 4, 2021
    So, I'm dealing with so much post interview anxiety following my AC last week because I know that there were at least 3-4 questions I answered awfully... anyone have any advice? I'm pretty much just a pile of sad and stressed out gloop at this point

Turn Up Dancing GIF by Laff

Last edited:

RoughWood

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Feb 24, 2021
    Can anyone shed light on whether interviews would be the next stage?
    I have absolutely no idea! This is the first time I have got to this stage at OC. It would be strange not to have an interview at all but the recruitment FAQ page says the below:
    "For the Vacation Scheme and Training Contract, the application process will involve an online application, online verbal reasoning test and attendance at an assessment day."

In their write up on the application process it says:
    Assessment Centre "The day consists of a few different elements including a group discussion, a partner interview and a Watson Glaser test (an aptitude test which assesses your critical thinking ability). "

But the email received with information about the day only says the below:
    "In this assessment session you'll be completing a commercial exercise (including a presentation) and the Watson Glaser test. These exercises will enable us to find out more about your business awareness and understanding, analytical skills and verbal communication."

So all-in-all, I don't know but I would expect there to be an interview at some point in the process, and wouldn't be surprised if it was during the AC session considering the length of time, 2.5 hours seems like a lot for just a commercial exercise and watson glaser, but I may be wrong!

• 🤝
    Reactions: George Maxwell and TCG

Hamilton

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Oct 8, 2018
    Is anyone else currently preparing for the Reed Smith assessment centre and could share any insight/ideas on how they're readying themselves for the case study element? Haven't encountered a contract-based one before!

Nemo11

Dec 15, 2021
    I’m trying to understand the reasons why some firms with an otherwise large global presence don’t have any offices in the United States; is this a conscious decision, are there any barriers to entry, etc. - any insights would be much appreciated :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.