TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I think you’re all correct, it just depends on what the firm calls it. I’ve been in an AC where the partner called it a scenario-based question and gave the “you’re the last person in the office, the client calls asking…” type of question. But this was not the bulk of the type of interview questions asked.

On the other hand, firms like HSF have scenario-based interviews along the lines of what @emilyrose99 described.
Completely agree with this scenario and situation are unfortunately interchangeable phrases used to describe both questions asking you how you may deal with both hypothetical interactions and business tasks

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 11, 2021
PFO from Pinsent Masons London post-GMA. Absolutely gutted :( I got my application checked and amended by future trainees too, but I think I really let myself down in the GMA.

I'm in the penultimate year of my law degree (this is my first cycle applying) and so far I've only progressed to 1 AC out of 9 firms that I applied to, and realistically speaking, don't think I'll be getting any vac scheme offers this time round. Does anyone have any tips on re-applying for vac schemes in final year?

The thought of having to attend webinars, networking events and open days all over again in autumn and chasing deadlines again for applications whilst juggling everything else is already killing me. Aside from working on feedback you've received off the back of rejections, what else is helpful in bouncing back after a round of rejections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.