TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
To start with we have identified two threads where we would like to hear your insight (please post your responses within the relevant thread):

1. ☆☆☆ Texas Two-Step ☆☆☆
2. ☆☆☆ Bruce Springsteen Music Catalogue ☆☆☆

You will notice that @Jessica Booker has already responded to the second thread - but that's okay! She challenges you to provide an even better response :D

The deadline for responding to these two threads in time to be in contention for an award is 11:59pm on Wednesday February 16th!

Happy responding!
Hi all, the deadline to be considered for a free month of TCLA premium by adding an excellent response to one of these two threads is 11:59pm tomorrow - just over 24 hours from now!

Head over to my thread explaining TCLA's new Starred Thread Awards for further details :)

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Just when you've packed up for the cycle...Mayer Brown AC lol, absolutely love the firm but just started my new job today & so no chance I would do the VS this summer. Should I do the AC wait to see the result & ask to be considered for a TC? Any advice would be great.
Congratulations on the AC invite! I think that could be a good approach - worst outcome is that they say no

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Just got the call and I got the NRF VS 😭after three years I am thrilled!!
Amazing stuff @thirdtimelucky!!! Really living up to the name (and this is the AC from when you had Covid right???) :D

Congratulations again, this is a phenomenal achievement!

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Guys I got the Macfarlanes VS 😭 😭 😭 literally cannot believe it, I was convinced the AC hadn't gone well so it just goes to show you really never know! Taken me four cycles to get here but it all feels SO worth it right now!
That's an incredible achievement, congratulations!

Reactions: Hele25 and djqb

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Farrer PFO.

My rejection email said the following:

“We are very sorry not to be able to offer you a place on our scheme and hope this does not deter you from applying for a training contract with us if you have not already done so.”

Genuinely curious if anyone has thoughts on whether it’s worth applying if I couldn’t even secure a spot on the vac scheme?
Yes - one firm I applied to I got rejected for VS and received a direct TC offer in the same cycle :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    omggg I just got the call from Linklaters, I passed the AC for the Singapore-London TC! Partner interviews with the Singapore office next, if anybody could give some tips for this interview (as I've never interviewed with Singapore firms before) I would greatly appreciate it!

So appreciative of TCLA's resources and support as this is the 2nd AC I've passed this cycle and I was really in a rut the past 2 years when I could never get past the final stages.
    Well done :)

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Amazing stuff @thirdtimelucky!!! Really living up to the name (and this is the AC from when you had Covid right???) :D

Congratulations again, this is a phenomenal achievement!
    It was!! Thank you James for all the support :D haha ikr, I did tell myself that this year had to be the year I got a VS/TC so I’m glad my manifesting came true :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.