TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
How would you answer an interview question around 'detail' - e.g. Tell me about a time you recently worked with a lot of detail

I've never been asked this before, or even ever prepared for it, but it's about showing your eye for detail and meticulousness. Maybe give an example of when you had to proofread something or count something (like money), and go through the process. For e.g., your ability to focus on a task, making sure to be thorough and observant in your reading process, taking extra time to make sure the work is free of mistakes. Also add the impact of your attention to detail, e.g. organisation was kept to a high level, the team was well coordinated etc.

But overall, focus on your actions and how you can demonstrate you are detail oriented.
Couldn't have said it better @LEL !👏👏👏👏

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Does anyone know what’s going on with Mishcon? Are all the AC’s over?? Don’t want to give up hope, but also want to be put out of my misery lol
    In 2020 I didn’t get a response about my VI (which i did in March) until June and it was an AC invite so absolutely do not despair! :D

Noodles52

Distinguished Member
  • Jun 24, 2021
    Has anyone ever been a past or present application of a Strive programme at all? I was accepted onto their Supernova programme about 5/6 months ago.

The initial recruitment was quick with response, but they then told me the days they had sessions had changed and so I explained I couldn't do them due to my work contractual hours.

I then basically heard nothing back, and then on the 2nd of this month I received an email from someone completely different asking me for info about how many VS's and TC's I'd been offered. I just feel like the entire organisation of a programme supposedly to offer help for applicants has been really poor, especially as I had to do a proper interview for it back last year.

Just wanted other thoughts/opinions of it.

JSM123

Star Member
    Oct 11, 2021
    The main factor to consider when thinking about this is when are you going to be committed to the firm. For instance, if you are starting the LPC/SQE in September, you could be committed to your TC offered firm as early in June/July due to onboarding processes. As soon as you start those processes you will be committed to the firm on a level beyond just accepting a TC and may be liable for costs incurred by the firm.

But outside of that consideration (and firms will hate me for saying this), yes you can accept and then renege.

Be mindful to check your VS offer terms and conditions though as it is not unknown for some firms to state you can’t complete the VS if you have accepted a TC elsewhere. Not all firms have this though.
    Thanks very much! It’s for a spring scheme so hopefully not before the summer period

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Has anyone ever been a past or present application of a Strive programme at all? I was accepted onto their Supernova programme about 5/6 months ago.

The initial recruitment was quick with response, but they then told me the days they had sessions had changed and so I explained I couldn't do them due to my work contractual hours.

I then basically heard nothing back, and then on the 2nd of this month I received an email from someone completely different asking me for info about how many VS's and TC's I'd been offered. I just feel like the entire organisation of a programme supposedly to offer help for applicants has been really poor, especially as I had to do a proper interview for it back last year.

Just wanted other thoughts/opinions of it.
    The same happened to me.

First, they got in touch to tell me that all the places had been filled, then after one day they invited me for an interview and had basically less than a day to prepare. However, I had to work and also had a commitment with my family. They really angered me and I let them know because I needed the help!

AriLor

Standard Member
    Jan 18, 2022
    Anyone heard from Dentons post-TI or Bakers post-VI? Saw someone on my LinkedIn get a Dentons summer vac scheme offer already and it’s been 13 days/15 days respectively for me so 😐
    Yeah I also got a Vac Scheme offer with them a week ago
    Don't worry though, no response is always a good response so just wait. Plus they were still sending out TI's when some of us had already booked AC so I don't think it means that they have stopped recruiting yet

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.