TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know if law firms tend to the pay the GDL/LPC/SQE maintenance grant in one lump sum, or in instalments? and if the latter, how often?
It is usually one payment for ease and to ensure it happens within one financial/tax year (important for the firm, not the future trainee).

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know if the TCLA session with Laura was recorded? just saw a little snippet, not a future trainee yet but it does look interesting 😂
It should be available by the end of the week so keep an eye out for it as we will share it and announce where you can access it. It will be available to anyone to watch

TeeLaw

Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 15, 2021
If you click the link they give. You don’t have to start any of the questions. Basically you can flick through all four questions beforehand and the VI only starts when you click record but you can also re-record. They said you can re-record 3times but it seemed like they allowed more but I didn’t go over the 3 just in case
Ok great, thank you! :)

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    TW PFO. Sorry for the negativity, but I really don't think that TW's arctic shores assessment is a true or fair representation of our personalities. I scored 0 for interpersonal skills which I find hard to believe.
    This is an ongoing debate in the legal recruitment world where firms are starting to realise how damaging these recruitment methods are! Dw!

jessicamcnamara

Esteemed Member
    Jan 17, 2022
    I wanted to ask what people think about this.

In an application question about why this firm is it okay to talk about a firm's awards and deals that are not in their London office for example discussing an award for litigation in the USA office or discussing a deal that their New York office was working on. Is this okay to discuss in an application or should you always discuss awards and deals in their UK offices. I am talking about US law firms as I know most of their work is cross border work.

What do you lot think @Jessica Booker @AvniD @James Carrabino @George Maxwell @Jaysen

Thank you in advance for any advice.
    Hey! My Mentor (Grow Mentoring) who is an associate at a US law firm, advised me to try focus only on the office you are applying to. He has worked through applications for his firm, so I would say try to focus on the London office! Hope that helps

• Love
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: George Maxwell and Asil Ahmad
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.