TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hello.

Can one assume a PFO for those that haven't received feedback on their Cooley application? They aimed to contact applicants by 22 Feb for the WG.

Seems a bit odd that unsuccessful applicants are left in the dark, no?
    They are probably still reviewing applications as it is not a rejection until it is a rejection.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If the website says 'applications should be made between 1st January 2022 and 28th February 2022', does that include the 28th as well? Is it worth applying? asking for a friend
    It will include today.

If you feel you can turn around a good quality application in such a short time frame, then yes

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey All,

I've just posted this on LinkedIn, but you guys should hear it from me first-hand:

TCLA turns four years old today.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to every one of you. We wouldn't around if it weren't for you, and I wouldn't be able to run TCLA - something I feel very lucky to be able to do.

I'm less on the frontlines these days, but I still very much care about making a difference to each and every one of you, in whatever way I can.

The Community Managers @George Maxwell, @Jessica Booker, @AvniD and @James Carrabino regularly keep me updated on how you are getting on - I'm forever grateful for the support you provide in using this forum and being a part of our special community.

Thank you 🙏

LawfulRust00

Legendary Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    Hi everyone, if you undertake a vacation scheme at a firm that is geared towards a 2024 TC start date and you successfully convert, how likely is it that a firm will be flexible in expediting this to 2023 if this works better for you circumstantially?

I appreciate that there are no hard and fast rules regarding this but would be interested in how common it is for firms to be flexible in this sort of scenario, what to expect and how I would propose this to the firm.

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone, if you undertake a vacation scheme at a firm that is geared towards a 2024 TC start date and you successfully convert, how likely is it that a firm will be flexible in expediting this to 2023 if this works better for you circumstantially?

I appreciate that there are no hard and fast rules regarding this but would be interested in how common it is for firms to be flexible in this sort of scenario, what to expect and how I would propose this to the firm.
    Unfortunately there are too many variables to say what your chances are. Ultimately it comes down to whether they have spaces available in 2023 and that will be down to a whole load of external factors. Those factors will change over time and with each intake, so it will be a bit of pot luck as to whether those circumstances align for you or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.