TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    mishcon was my first ever application (submitted in aug). i haven’t seen anyone else in here hear back post-VI and i know they’re rolling so probably doing it in order
    Omg wow! I submitted in December but having applied to them for the last 3 years I know they take ages so just have to wait! I didn’t get my case study confirmation email in 2020 until July lol

Ks36

Star Member
    Dec 14, 2021
    hope it isn’t insensitive to answer this one. 🤣

i got an email earlier today saying there’s a delay and i should get further info about the case interview by wed. probably means they’re delayed with everything else too
    No not insensitive at all! They haven’t even got back to me for a VI so it’s probably a PFO but good luck with the case interview!

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    i mean, i have no insight whatsoever. there was a conversation a couple of pages back where someone who does have better insight said it is not uncommon. does this info rattle you? or is it only problematic if someone personally states it happens to apply in their case?
    I think it's a bit like talking about how much money you earn. Acceptable and encouraged in certain situations, but considered a bit unclassy in others.

I would say a public forum is one of those situations where it's acceptable and encouraged for the reasons you already mentioned.

I definitely wouldn't talk about how many vac schemes I received if I was meeting some people in real life for the first time though.

unserious candidate

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
  • Nov 7, 2021
    I think it's a bit like talking about how much money you earn. Acceptable and encouraged in certain situations, but considered a bit unclassy in others.

I would say a public forum is one of those situations where it's acceptable and encouraged for the reasons you already mentioned.

I definitely wouldn't talk about how many vac schemes I received if I was meeting some people in real life for the first time though.
    I completely agree with you e.g. I wouldn’t make a LinkedIn post about it, but felt like this was a safe space 😂 partly because it’s anon and everyone just shares their experiences on here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.