TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OO28

Junior Lawyer
Nov 4, 2019
does anyone know how Linklaters view people re applying for direct training contract after vac scheme rejection following AC ?
Linklaters encouraged me to re-apply after I didn’t make it past the AC. However, they usually expect people applying for a direct TC to have at least 4 weeks of continuous legal experience, and they said this a few times.

show_me_the_tc

• Nov 17, 2021
    Good to know we’re in the same boat!!! I can’t remember when they said we’d hear back? Looking at the student room discussion someone said this week? Also how did your AC go!! :)
    I believe grad rec said this week! I really don't think mine went very well so I'm expecting a no tbh :( I struggled with the questions about the case study and it threw me that they didn't ask me why CC! How did yours go?

jcm144

Standard Member
    Mar 15, 2022
    I believe grad rec said this week! I really don't think mine went very well so I'm expecting a no tbh :( I struggled with the questions about the case study and it threw me that they didn't ask me why CC! How did yours go?
    I thought the time to write the e-mail was ridiculously short!!! They asked me why CC and gave me a v thorough grilling reg commercial awareness ! But tbf the interviewers were so down to earth so that put me at ease. You’re just being hard on urself I’m sure! Good luck :)

Reactions: show_me_the_tc

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Bristows 2024 TC offer!
    congratulations congrats GIF

avaelle42

Star Member
    Dec 15, 2021
    sorry if this question has been asked before but how is the best way to go about emailing for an update on an interview outcome (been 2 weeks since) because you need to confirm/reject another employment offer ASAP that clashes with the dates of the place you interviewed at? thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.