TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaraB

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 13, 2020
If you are put on a waitlist for a firm’s VS - i.e told that they cannot offer me a place now but are looking at extending the firm’s vac scheme numbers and may be in touch with an offer later but the firm did not give a timeline, is it acceptable to give the firm 2 weeks before chasing up on the final outcome? @Jessica Booker I would appreciate any insight!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If you are put on a waitlist for a firm’s VS - i.e told that they cannot offer me a place now but are looking at extending the firm’s vac scheme numbers and may be in touch with an offer later but the firm did not give a timeline, is it acceptable to give the firm 2 weeks before chasing up on the final outcome? @Jessica Booker I would appreciate any insight!

I'd personally wait more than two weeks, unless the scheme is very soon.

Instead, I might email them and just ask when they expect to have a confirmation either way of their vac scheme numbers being increased or not so you can manage your expectations around when you will hear back.

• 🏆
Reactions: AvniD and ZaraB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker how long after a VS offer (and you accepting it) do GR tend to get back to you on confirmation of your scheme dates? Is it okay to ask to know sooner to book leave?
Could really vary from firm to firm.

There is no harm in emailing them and asking when you will hear back with confirmed dates though and explain you are just trying to work out when you will hear back so you can plan time off from work.

Reactions: TCApp2021

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I got a VS (yay!) and I sent them all the necessary documents (passport/offer letter etc.) last week on Friday, but they haven't acknowledged receipt or gotten in contact... Wondering if I should follow up? Thanks!! :)
No need to follow up - firms don't necessarily send acknowledgements for things like this.

I am sure they will be in contact if they need anything else from you.

Reactions: AvniD and ofm
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.