TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightletsdothis

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 30, 2022
    Travers Smith grad recruitment. It’s not a great idea to tell students who spent weeks applying to your firm that you didn’t give them a chance because you filled spots too early haha. Just lie. Say our apps were trash and give a PFO. Its worse to know I literally had no chance because my app was lower in the bundle then some other guy. Bloody hell

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Travers Smith grad recruitment. It’s not a great idea to tell students who spent weeks applying to your firm that you didn’t give them a chance because you filled spots too early haha. Just lie. Say our apps were trash and give a PFO. Its worse to know I literally had no chance because my app was lower in the bundle then some other guy. Bloody hell
    I think it may just be the wording in the email as they have said at grad events that they do read all applications. I don't think it necessarily matters when you apply, but all the same, I know a PFO is never fun.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Guys a friend of mine has got an assessment centre for Slaughter and May legal operations role. Does anyone have any advice at all or done an interview for a similar role that can share advice.

ashleigh22

Jan 23, 2022
    Trowers said they would offer feedback to all candidates following a decision for a VS. I got an offer from them via an email but no feedback was included. I'm just wondering if it is appropriate to email them for feedback on my performance at the assessment day? Really wanted to find out what could have been improved..

crispychicken

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 29, 2021
    Trowers said they would offer feedback to all candidates following a decision for a VS. I got an offer from them via an email but no feedback was included. I'm just wondering if it is appropriate to email them for feedback on my performance at the assessment day? Really wanted to find out what could have been improved..
    I think they provide feedback via phone call. But you have to email them to book it.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    What is the etiquette around thanking interviewers after an interview? I don't usually but I don't want to be perceived as rude if I don't!
    There is no set etiquette - some people do it, some people don't

I don't think it really matters either way, to be honest.

If you have easy access to an email address to say thank you, then fine. If you have to stalk an email address down, then in my view, don't bother (but that is just my opinion).

Reactions: thirdtimelucky
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.